Monday, June 15, 2009

we only have today...

so I can now write down a date beside love tour vancouver/east hastings

on tuesday night at approx 10:40 pm leanna and i got into her old cop car and drove to vancouver, we had decieded to go probably 2 hours prior to leaving. how beautiful.

We slept in her car and just did random things. we walked around east hastings trying to find pastor joe but we couldnt find him...we did run into some lovely people, George and Jill (but i will write a specific post about them later) and my lovely africa friends steph and darryl.

over all it was quite the adventure. Jesus and I got to hang out on english bay and He reminded me about hope a few times....

I wish that I could say it was a complete success and I just went a loved people but here i am being reminded again that I mess up alot...wouldnt it be easier if we could all just be perfectly lovely and nice and wonderful all the time?

I read this out loud in the car to leanna and this is how I desire to love others

"I was neurotic for years. I was anxious and depressed and selfish. Everyone kept telling me to change.
I resented them, and i agreed with them, and i wanted to change, but simply couldnt, no matter how hard i tried.
what hurt the most was, that like the others, my best friend kept inisiting that i change. so i felt powerless and trapped. then one day He said to me "Dont change. I love you just as you are"
Those words were music to my ears: "Dont change. Dont change. Dont change... i love you as you are"
I relaxed. I came alive. and suddently i changed!
Now i know that i couldnt really change until i found someone who would love me whether i changed or not."

(this is from "the song of the bird")

Im begining to see that the love tour is not going to be just me going places and loving others that its also going to be a adventure of learning to love and being loved myself.

1 comment:

  1. So cool... What great words to live by! I want so desperately to love myself for everything that I am, and everything that I'm not! My prayer and desire is to truly love God, myself, and others!! Hopefully one day someone can love me just as much as I desire to love:) Your fingerprint is on my life! Always.. Jason Gauthier..

    ReplyDelete